- Personal data which is processed
In this privacy statement, we explain how Rotterdam Port Promotion Council (hereinafter 'RPPC', 'we' 'our') handles data and how you can exercise your rights in this respect. We believe your privacy is very important and we will ensure that the personal data you share with us will be carefully handled. In this privacy statement, we would like to explain how we do this. If you have any questions, we will be happy to answer them! You can reach us at email@example.com
We process your data because you use our services and/or because you provided this information to us yourself. Below you will find an overview of the personal data that RPPC (possibly) processes, depending on the service you use.
- Company name and the contact details of the company (address, general telephone number, and general e-mail address) from the register of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Bank account number of the company.
- Personal data of the contact person(s)
- First name and last name
- Gender (only for salutation)
- Job title
- E-mail Address
- Telephone number
- Relationship specifically:
- Member or donor
- Member status
- Communication preference and participation in community
- Visit report (after visiting an event, only with explicit permission):
- Information you provide about progress within your company, industry, services, and products
- Personnel changes to keep our contact list up to date
- Information about fellow companies that may benefit from RPPC membership
- We do not share this data with external parties and it is intended to register your interests.
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on our website, in correspondence, and by telephone.
RPPC processes personal data for the following purposes. Do you object to this? Please let us know.
- To deal with your registration after you have purchased a product or service
- To be able to call or email you if this is necessary to carry out the service you have purchased
- To deliver goods and services you have purchased
- To perform our services properly.
- To send newsletters and mailings to which you have subscribed
- To tailor our services based on your surfing behavior to your preferences
- To optimize the website of RPPC
- To send you an invitation for an upcoming event
- To contact you about possible future events
- We will do this either with your consent or if the entrepreneurial interest prevails for us (ex Article 6 paragraph 1 sub a and Article 6 paragraph 1 sub f of the AVG regulation
- Furthermore, for the execution of the contract for services (ex Article 7:401 et seq.) it is also possible that we (must) process your data (ex Article 6 paragraph 1 sub b of the AVG Regulation).
The personal data processed by RPPC originates from
- The website of RPPC
- Telephone contact
- Google Analytics
- LinkedIn account of RPPC
- Survey Monkey
- Website forms (completed by you)
This includes name and contact details of the client or the contact person acting on behalf of the client, such as address details (for visits, customer relationship maintenance, and events, among others), mail address (completed by phone or via a form on the website), telephone number, IP addresses and bank details (for payments only). Furthermore, RPPC uses personal data which are filled in on the contact page of our website to correctly handle requests via this page. For this purpose, the name, e-mail address, and telephone number are requested. Below, under the heading 'Passing on data to third parties, it is explained that for some components we also share personal data with third parties, if this makes a better service possible or is necessary to provide the service.
- The consequences of not providing
- How long will this data be stored?
Personal data may not be kept longer than necessary for processing. The retention period, therefore, depends on the purpose for which we have received or collected the data and on any legal obligations to retain data. We aim to delete data from our data periodically after the purpose has expired. However, it may happen that we have missed personal data. If this is the case, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of data
For the processing of personal data which RPPC carries out at its own initiative, such as the processing of its own customer data, RPPC is considered the 'data controller' in the sense of the privacy regulations. In short, this means that RPPC as an organization is responsible for compliance with these regulations. In addition, RPPC may be a "processor" within the meaning of the privacy regulations for certain processing of personal data. For those services, RPPC's customers are considered processors. An example of this is during registration for events. Here it is important to know that we have received this data - with the consent of the client/customer.
- Data protection
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized changes. If you feel that your data is not properly protected or there are indications of abuse, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have taken the following measures to protect your data:
- Servers and devices of our employees are equipped with current security software such as a virus scanner and firewall;
- We send your data only via secure internet connections (TLS, formerly SSL). You can see this by the address bar 'HTTPS' and the padlock icon;
- Personal data is available for a minimum number of employees of RPPC, who need the data to be able to carry out the service properly. Employees of RPPC who have access to personal data are aware of the new laws and regulations and the careful handling of your data. In addition, an internal project group at RPPC is actively working on the implementation of the AVG regulation, or updating the regulations concerning this regulation;
We do everything we can to keep your private data private. Only employees who need it for their work have access to your data and may view and process it. We use technical and organizational security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of your data.
If you apply for a job or come to work with us, we would like to get to know you and we need your data for:
- Processing your application
- Administering the salary administration
- Managing the employee administration
- Fulfilling legal obligations
We do not sell or trade your data to third parties. However, we may be required by law to share certain applicant or employee data with third parties, such as law enforcement agencies.
If you do not immediately become our colleague that does not mean that you cannot be one shortly. We, therefore, ask your permission to keep your data so that we can contact you again later. Of course, we will destroy your data when we no longer need it for this purpose and you may also ask us to change or delete it using the same email address. The latter does not apply if we are obliged to keep this data, for example for the tax authorities.
Finally, we would like to point out that we can make changes to this privacy statement. We, therefore, advise you to check it regularly to stay informed of any changes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of (text) information that are sent to your browser when you visit the website and are then stored on the hard drive or in the memory of the peripheral equipment. The browser can send this information back the next time you visit the website. The cookies placed via this website cannot damage your Peripherals or the files stored on them. When you first visited our website, we already informed you about these cookies and asked you for your permission to place them. You can also opt out of cookies from all websites by setting your Internet browser to not store cookies anymore (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari). In addition, you can delete all information previously stored through your browser settings. If you disable these cookies in your browser, you can no longer use all functionalities of RPPC, and embedding content can no longer be shown. It is, therefore, possible that the experience of the site will be disappointing.
- Deletion of cookies
The permission you have given us to place and read out first and third-party cookies can be withdrawn at any time by configuring your browser in such a way that it does not accept cookies and/or by choosing the option above to reject cookies.
- Photography at events
When you are present at an event of RPPC, the possibility exists that you will be photographed. We are not obliged to ask your permission for this, as it is not our aim to use the photos to identify you. The photos are taken to promote us and are only meant to give an impression of the atmosphere. In addition, under the AVG regulation, we see it as a legitimate interest to use the photos on our Social Media channels. Are you on a picture and would you like that picture to be removed, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within four weeks of receipt.
- Questions and rights
You have the right to submit a request to RPPC to inspect which of your data is being processed by RPPC. If you believe that these personal data are not or are no longer complete, you can object to the processing of your data, submit a request to supplement, correct, or remove your data, or submit a request to limit the processing of your data. You also have the right to transfer your data (or have them transferred) to a third party. RPPC will comply with such requests as quickly as possible or provide you with a reasoned explanation as to why your request cannot (yet) be implemented. RPPC may need additional information to process your request. For example, in the case of a request for inspection or deletion, RPPC will want to know for certain that you are the person to whom the personal data in question relate. You can send your request to RPPC, whose contact details can be found below.
You can submit a request for inspection, correction and/or deletion, or restriction and objection in writing. This can be done via our web form or in writing at:
Rotterdam Port Promotion Council
P.O. Box 54200
3008 JE Rotterdam
There is also the possibility to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. More information can be found on the website of the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data.
Last modified: 11-05-2022
RPPC may update this privacy statement from time to time. An updated privacy statement will be effective as of the date set forth herein.